Tuesday 14 January 2014

A Mythical Direction

I seem to have found myself of late with an attraction to drawing all things mythical, why fight it?  Above is my first attempt at a fairy using both markers and watercolour pencil, yes I do need a lot of practice but I did prefer the control on the smaller features than trying just with a paintbrush.  The fairy above was drawn with the help of the advice from the 'fairy bible' book.  Then there is the 'how to draw fairies' which I had another go at here.............
They looked a lot better in the pencil, dont think I did them so many favours with the watercolour I then added, or the collaged garden, but still looks bright and cheery in the journal and was certainly something different to play with.
I do still prefer the faces though, but feel that faces alone are not going to do it - need to have just 'something' with them, even if its just butterflies...
I am still trying to master a dragon, this is not going so well as yet - but will certainly share the first one I do that does at least resemble a dragon..........

No comments:

Post a Comment