Monday 14 July 2014

Back in the Art Seat

I had a bit of a break, but now back - with new Art Space and raring to go.  I managed to paint the sketch I showed in my last blog post without making a mess as I usually did, so quite happy with her.  Today I finished off the large canvas also shown in last blog post (and probably a few before that, it has many a layer)
At the moment she is called 'Thought' due to the chaos going on around her.  Once she is dried and varnished I will be adding her to my Etsy shop, as I recently purchased some large boxes to post out canvas in, I had no idea how to do this before.. didnt realise you can buy such things.  If memory serves me she is 20" x 16".
Having had a bit of a play around in my art journal I think I finally have this background thing mastered.. its only taken me best part of three years!  Here is a page I did yesterday .
Although they are a bit on the bright side, so maybe I should tone them down a bit in the future.  Still, I do have a lot of fun doing them.  This is one I have started today..
No idea were it is going as yet..  I also finished off last weeks 'Lifebook 2014' lesson, which was a lot of fun and I learnt a lot from it.
Loving the art and 'really' do not want to finish off stocking my Etsy shop with my sale items, but it has to be done.  At some point today I am going to have to edit all the pictures and draft the listings for the shop - Sale is going very well and helping to keep me in paints, inks and all the books 'somebody' keeps recommending to me.  You can see my shop here on the right->

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is a big painting! I am going to buy big canvases next! Although I actually really like working on canvas board, but I think canvas may be more 'sellable'? Maybe I shouldn't really worry about those things.

    LOVE the splashy splashy journal page! Absolute LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iris, you will love the big canvas.

    ReplyDelete