Thursday 18 April 2013

just having arty fun

So much for keeping up with the blog! Its ten days since my last post.  Far too busy having fun.  Above is one of my recent pages from my "30 pages in 90 days" course with Gulfsprite.  I did this one last week to celebrate my birthday, we made the whole page ourselves first, its not collage stuck to a page, all the students are sad as we are just passed half way in the course, we love it so much we dont want it to end.  My birthday was good, the photo shows me opening my 'gelli plate' that I have wanted since January when all my pals in the USA had them, we now cannot get the larger one in the UK which is a shame, and to order from the States would be another £13 in postage and £18 in customs fee's so totally priced out.  But still, a smaller one is better than none at all, and I am having plenty of fun with that.
Also featured in my page was my very special gift from my best friend Julie, who painted a portrait of my dear Alfie, she is very talented.
I was also lucky enough to receive a few extra pennies so I could order some faber castell pencils, here is my first sketch with them I did last night.

I have been having a lot of fun with page 16 of our '30 pages in 90 days' course, its 'fabric paper' I am totally covered in ink and matt medium, and glue gun.  The glue from the glue gun is from something else though, one of my blog buddies 'Suztats' http://suztats.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/fun-with-gun.html was making stencils with the glue gun yesterday, I kept meaning to have a go at that one, so had a go earlier, I think I might need a bit more practice.... but it was fun.

Another reason I havent done much blogging is I was injured, found out my acute shoulder pain has been a trapped nerve, so I finally did some research on how to sort that one out, should (and may well) do a blog post on that one, as learnt some very interesting facts on how to sort out my shoulder without too much expense or delay.  I'm half way there, at least I can spend a bit more time on the PC now than I could.

Hope everyone in the UK has stayed safe after the dreadful winds we have had, one of my neighbours woke to a damaged car today.
Also much love to our friends in Boston after the terrible bomb attack, and to those in Texas from the  explosion there.  So much sadness in the world just now....

4 comments:

  1. Lynda, I see you've had some fun playing. I found I had to stop during making my glue stencils: I was moving faster than the glue was melting! So I'd do a bit, wait, do a bit more.......it helped making my designs smoother. Your squiggle looks interesting.
    I am so envious that you have a gelli plate! I've been wanting one for ages. I know you'll have lots of fun with it. Happy playing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind with my blogging as well and have got soooo much to catch up on! Happy belated birthday wishes and I hope you had a great day. I look forward to your blog about your shoulder, I think I have damaged mine recently so I look forward to reading how you have managed to sort yours out.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're having lots of (messy) fun! I have no idea what a gelli plate is - off to google it now. No doubt I will want one.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, all good fun.

    Thanks Mick, bad shoulder club is not a good one to be in, will post about my discoveries when I get a decent run of improvement.

    Dawn, you neeeeeeeeeeed a gelli plate, lots of fun to be had.

    ReplyDelete